NCAA Specifications for Lacrosse Goals and Nets – Lacrosse has become one of the most popular games among youth in the last few years. It is active gameplay that goes on interesting at every stroke.
Not only playing lacrosse is great fun, but watching it also creates much excitement and refreshes one’s mind.
A large many high schools or colleges are organising different lacrosse leagues every year.
If you are going to buy the right lacrosse goals and nets for your league, you must be well aware of your needs first.
NCAA (National Collegiate Athletic Association) has established some rules and regulations for the games.
Moreover, the institute also provides parameters for the gaming tools so that to make each game fair one.
If you are going to get lacrosse goals and net for your league, you must need to aware about the specifications described by NCAA and these are:
Ncaa Specifications for Lacrosse Goals and Goal Lines
- A lacrosse goal needs to have a goal mouth of about 6 feet wide and 6 feet in height.
- The outer diameter of the goals should be 11/2 inch. It needed to be constructed of metal pipe and should be painted of orange colour.
- A goal needed to have two vertical posts perfectly joined by the ridged top crossbar. The distance between the two posts needed to be 6 feet whereas the top crossbar needed to be placed at 6 feet height from the ground.
- For natural surface fields, you needed to have on an in-ground goal.
- The vertical posts of the gaol should be placed at 71/2 feet in length. Insertions should be made about 11/2 feet.
- The vertical sleeves needed to be top at the bottom and make sure that the top of the sleeves is at ground level.
- In case if you are going to fix a goal on an artificial surface, the specifications you need to follow are:
- For flat iron goals, each vertical post should be placed at 6 feet length whereas the top piece should be attached at the bottom. Make sure that the two flat irons are placed at least 7 feet back from the centre of the goal. The maximum thickness of the flat iron is restricted within ½ inch.
- For the Obtuse angle goal, each vertical post needed to be at 6 feet length whereas the ground pipe needed to be placed at the bottom.
- A clear line needs to draw between the goalposts. It indicates the plane of the goal. The line thus created is termed to be the goal
Ncaa Specifications for Lacrosse Net
- Lacrosse Net is the part of the lacrosse goal. Each lacrosse goal is fitted with a pyramidal-shapedcord netting that is often termed as goal net.
It is only the home team’s responsibility to arrange a legal goal. One can easily ask for reasonable extra time for correcting any irregularity found in the NCAA specifications.
That’s it for NCAA Specifications for Lacrosse Goals and Nets.